A Little About Paragon Guides Vail Colorado…
– One of Colorado’s premier guide services providing Quality Outdoor Adventures Since 1978
– Throughout the White River National Forest of the central Rocky Mountain region and along the now famous 10th Mountain Division Hut System.
– Choose from a variety of backcountry adventures Summer and Winter
– Our participatory approach to guiding provides individuals and families a true sense of personal involvement in their adventure experience.
– Paragon Guides began in 1978 as a small guiding company prior to merging with two other companies in 1985. Buck Elliott, Paragon’s president and director, has designed the company to represent a consortium of guides who have a personal and professional commitment to the guiding profession.
Paragon’s guides are carefully chosen on the basis of their outdoor background, personalities, and genuine love of the wilderness.
A variety of backgrounds are represented that range from Outward Bound and NOLS instructors, National Park Rangers and local mountaineers; all sharing an appreciation for and a broad depth of experience in the outdoors. All guides have minimum certifications and training for medical emergencies in Wilderness First Responder or EMT, and CPR. Our Guide Training Programs cover everything from backcountry risk assessment, emergency management, annual avalanche training, local flora and fauna, outdoor cooking, personalities and group dynamics, leadership training and an ongoing evaluation and sharing of personal mountaineering skills.
We are well aware that the quality of your trip depends a great deal on the quality of your guides and we are constantly building our skills accordingly. Our philosophy is to share with you a quality outdoor experience while providing opportunities for you to discover the backcountry on your own.