Gone are the days when kayaking was just kayaking. People nowadays like to mix and match activities, like kayaking and fishing. As kayaks provide easy and relatively inexpensive access to offshore or far away fishing spots, more and more fisherman are investing in angler kayaks. Kayak manufacturers are getting better at creating unique features that have anglers in mind.
People may think that buying kayak is very difficult with so many options out there. Fortunately, buying kayak is not like buying a boat, it is a far less risky process, and the process of buying is far simpler. This post will highlight Kayaks that can be purchased for less than $1000, $600 and $500.
Whether you are looking for an excellent sit-on-top kayak, would like a tandem kayak, or prefer an inflatable fishing kayak with high-density polyethylene, keep in mind there are a few things you should know. The quality of a kayak depends on factors like stability, durability, and maneuverability. Speed, storage compartments, and extra accessories will also play a role in the value of a kayak.
Kayaks Under $500
Buying a brand new fishing kayak at an affordable price, $500 or less does not mean it is a subpar boat. Check out these five fishing kayaks that have impressive features for the right price.
No matter how you like to enjoy your sport, this fishing kayak has a plethora of noteworthy features. For starters, the design allows it to maneuver through tight spaces. For an affordable fishing kayak, you would be amazed at how agile it is on the water.
The kayak’s construction is nearly indestructible. It is made of polyethylene that can withstand rocks, logs, and other objects in the water.
- Great for rivers and lakes
- Large comfortable seating area with adjustable padded seat and adjustable foot braces
- Includes one swivel and two flush mount rod holders
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Storage compartment
Its cockpit has second storage space, and there are also bungees in the front and back of the kayak for even more storage, but these areas remain open to the elements. The kayak lacks an area with a dry hatch.
- LENGTH: 10-Feet WIDTH: 31-Inch DECK HEIGHT: 15.25-Inch WEIGHT: 39 Lbs
- COCKPIT LENGTH: 51.5-Inch COCKPIT WIDTH: 23.5-Inch
- More storage than any other 10-Feet sit inside on the market
- Stable, Comfortable and Functional
- Fish and Dive Package Included
With a Perception Comfort Seating System, you can customize your seat. A state-of-the-art foot brace system also allows you to adjust your seat in a manner, unlike similar kayaks. After all, this fishing kayak was built for speed.
- 2 Flush Mounted Rod Holders
- Anchor/Trolley Kit
- Comfort seating system (CSS)
- Molded-in foot wells
- Bow hatch and Stern day hatch
There are three different rod holders including two flush and one swivel. You can enjoy hours of kayaking thanks to the comfortable Ergo-band seating system. This fishing kayak holds up to 325 pounds and comes with adjustable footrests.
This kayak is designed not to sink. With multiple discrete air chambers, you can float down the river all day long because even with the rare chance of a puncture, only a single room will be affected so you can make it back to shore. Inflatable kayaks are great options for a wide range of opportunities, especially when hauling a hard kayak is difficult with your vehicle setup.
- 18-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover provide durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Airtight® System is guaranteed not to leak
- Berkley® Quick Set Rod Holders are adjustable for enhanced hands-free fishing
- Sevylor® trolling motor fittings expand your fishing capabilities
- Paddle holders secure your paddles out of the way
Here is the link to the one person:
Sevylor Rio 1-Person Fishing Canoe
Kayaks Under $600
There are even more great options for you if you are willing to lose a few more bucks.
This kayak is an example of how much can you get with such little money to pay. It has a two padded seat, but with a little more investment you can add up another seat to it, which makes it easy for two people to fish and keep the gears and equipment to the third seat.
- Blow molded from High Density Polyethylene for superior strength and durability
- Backed by a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Designed to seat up to 3 people; 500 lb. weight capacity
- Hull design provides ultra stability and great tracking
- Durable High-Density UV-Protected Polyethylene HDPE Construction Resists Fading, Cracking, and Peeling
- Multiple footrest positions for different size riders
- Includes: 2 double-sided paddles, paddle clips, 2 padded backrests, 3 fishing pole holders, and a 6’ storage hatch
This ten foott and three-inch kayak is more than just a beauty in front. With the most comfortable seating design, this kayak offers three fishing rod holders, and they’re arranged in what they call the “Triple Threat” fishing configuration.
- Triple Threat Fishing Configuration: 2 Flush Mount & 1 Deck Mount Rod Holder. Comfort Rest System (CRS) + Molded-in Seat Folds-Down
- Large Rear Tankwell with Cargo Net Lacing for Storage. Ledge Lock Paddle Keepers to Secure the Paddle
- Solace Hatch for Added Storage Beneath the Deck. Molded-In Freedom Footwells for Comfort and Secure Foot Bracing
- Bow, Stern, and Side Handles for Easy Transport. Lightweight 51 lb. Design
- Hull Design Provides Ultra Stability and Great Tracking. Durable UV-Protected Polyethylene Construction. 5-Year Limited Warranty
This sit-in kayak helps you protect your lower body in water with perfectly placed holders that do not get in your way. This light weighted, easy to carry, drag-able and stable kayak is everything you can get in this price range. You are really into crappie fishing? Than just go for this one!
- P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier) can be used as extra storage, tow behind or as a backpack
- Flush mount fishing rod holders
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex® High Density Polyethylene
There is a deck space with shock cord rigging, and you have the portable accessory carrier which you can tow behind the kayak. When you tow the PAC, you get the floating storage compartment behind the kayak plus extra space behind the seat. This lightweight, portable, stable and comfortable kayak can be purchased under $600.
- P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier) can be used as a tow behind or extra storage compartment
- Two flush mount and one swivel fishing rod holders
Kayaks Under $1000
For keeping your kayak game stronger, a range of kayaks worth under $1000 are listed below.
This Perception R15 Pescadores 120 Kayak is with the basic features that are required for the beginners. It is easier to control and maintain balance while you are on the water. This kayak is small in size. So if you are looking out for alone time, this kayak is designed for you. Best suited for a single person, this could happen to be your best purchase.
- Comfort Seating System (CSS)
- Keepers Footbrace
- Bow Hatch, Stern and Center Day Hatches
- Tank well with Bungee
- Comfort Carry
Want to catch the fish and store it in the storage? Now you can do it without any hassle. Ocean kayak prowler 13 angler fishing kayak is designed for you while keeping your comfort in mind.
- One of the original and still most popular kayaks designed specifically for fishing
- Performance hull is fast, stable and quiet and is designed to handle calm or rough waters
- Large front hatch with easy access to bow to stern internal storage and accommodates multiple rods for safe below deck storage
- Comfort Plus seat, 2 rod holders, 6″ hatch with storage bucket, 2 cup holders, 2 paddle keeps, transducer compatible, skid plate
- Rear oversized tank well designed to easily accept coolers, crates, tackle boxes, bait wells and SCUBA tanks
Here is another great resource for kayaks under $1,000
Author bio: This article was written in by both Hiking And Fishing, and with a kayak pro, Tom. Tom is a blogger and a nature lover. He is obsessed with traveling and adventures and that too with his family. He believes that water has a steady hold of him. He regularly writes about his experiences at http://kayakcritic.net/
This list was created by a member of KayakCritic.net. Though I do get a small affiliate income when a purchase is made from this site on Amazon, all products were chosen by an outside source. Please contact us if you have any additional input or thoughts on this! Thanks for reading, and I hope you end up loving the kayak you end up with.