Online Avalanche Safety Training Course
Be a more prepared backcountry skier or hiker.
This avalanche safety course is designed for first time and intermediate backcountry skiiers, hikers and climbers.
Take advantage of our limited time 10% offer by clicking enroll, or viewing the course demo. (Discount automatically applied)
Who Benefits From This Course?
– Have never taken a formal avalanche education course,
– Have taken a formal avalanche course, but want to update, refresh, or enhance their knowledge.
– Want to learn from experienced professionals teaching in actual conditions.
– Want the freedom to learn at their own pace, and access the knowledge whenever they want.
What Is Learned In This Course?
– How to accurately interpret the daily avalanche forecasts
– How to identify safe and dangerous backcountry terrain
– How to communicate effectively with your adventure partners to stay more safe, and have more fun
– How to understand and interpret snow pits
– Hear real stories from backcountry experts
About Your Instructor
Mark Smiley is a professional photographer, filmmaker, speaker, & mountain guide.
Mark is an absolute pro, and fantastic communicator. His ability to inject humour, and make the material interesting and memorable is impressive throughout this course. Mark has/is:
- Organized and led 20+ international expeditions, 9 Alaska Expeditions, countless domestic trips.
- IFMGA Certified Mountain Guide by the American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA)
- Climbed 48 Classic Climbs of North America
- Ski toured across the entire Alps Range in 36 days
- Skied from sea-summit-sea on Mt St Elias (18,008′)